Surrey’s Adult Carers
We’re here to help carers of all ages in Surrey, but the majority we support are of course adults. Adult carers will be caring for a huge variety of reasons – as parents, spouses, siblings and also as wider family and friends. You can be caring for someone all their life, or only just become, or indeed realise that you are a carer.
Carers look after people with a whole host of conditions and illnesses. Some of the most situations are
- caring for someone with dementia
- caring for someone with mental health issues
- caring for someone with autism
- caring for someone with substance abuse or alcohol problems
We have particular information for you on the above pages.
Some groups of people share particular concerns and challenges as carers, because of the nature of their relationship, or their community or cultural backgrounds. As well as our general support, we have information specifically for the following:
- parent carers
- sandwich carers (when you are caring for elderly relatives as well as children)
- carers from Surrey’s Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities
- carers from Surrey’s Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities
- carers from the LGBTQ+ community