Practical carers matters
As a carer there’s always lots of things to keep on top of. Caring situations can evolve so it’s worth checking back from time to time to remind yourself of the support available and the ways we can help.
Our Carer Helpline Advisors can help with all the practical matters listed below. Just give us a on 0303 040 1234 or email [email protected]. You can also text us (SMS) on 07723 486730.
Our our practical matters pages you’ll find information on:
- Getting your Carer’s Assessment
- Registering with your GP – to make sure they can support you properly
- Help on moving and handling the person you look after, to make sure you’re doing this safely and well
- The support available from our Hospital Carer Advisors, working in Surrey’s five main hospitals to support carers
- Getting a Blue Badge
- Your rights as a carer
- Juggling work and caring
- Statutory support – how Surrey County Council and the NHS can help, including their guidance on ‘end of life‘ support for carers.
Our support is free, but to access our events and support groups, you need to register with us.