Parent carers' payments and grants

Parent carers' payments and grants

Payments information for parent carers of a child under 18

Parent carer break grants

These are payments made to support parents who have a disabled child under 18 living in Surrey, who are not currently receiving services from Surrey County Council children’s services/ don’t have a social worker.

Parents cannot apply directly themselves, but anyone working with a family can apply on your behalf – such as the local carers’ support workers or one of our ACS team, teachers and Home School Link workers, nurses and health visitors, Children’s Centre managers, Early Years Support co-ordinators, etc – having completed either a Early Help Assessment or a Carer’s Assessment with you.

Carer Break Grants can be used to fund a family holiday, a short break for parents, a training course for a parent, childcare to give a parent a break, a contribution towards your child accessing play or activities, days out, equipment to help you as a parent carer and much more. Once the application has been submitted, you will be contacted to discuss your needs, with a payment following shortly afterwards.

For more details, speak to any of the professionals working with you or your child, or phone the Short Breaks team on 01372 832896, email [email protected].

Family Voice Surrey

Family Voice Surrey is a forum giving parents of children with special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities a voice on issues relating to short breaks and other services in Surrey.

Find further information on Family Voice Surrey on their website, call them on 01372 705708 or email [email protected].

NHS Continuing Care Support For Young Children additional funding

What is NHS Continuing Care support for children?

Where a child or young person under the age of 18 has needs arising from disability, accident or illness and these needs cannot be met by existing mainstream, universal or specialist services, they may be eligible for additional funding from the NHS.

Looking to the future for your child

If your child will always need someone to look after their affairs, there can be legal issues to consider. Find out more here.

Register with us

Register for free to get some advice and support on how to look after yourself in your caring role

Click here to sign up
Not found