County-wide ‘Hubs’ open for Surrey’s unpaid carers
We have multiple ‘Hubs’, located right across Surrey. These are ‘drop-in’ locations for Surrey’s unpaid carers to visit for advice and support.
At the Hub you can meet with Action for Carers’ staff and volunteers. You can get information and advice on your caring role and the support available, and also enjoy a cuppa and a chat.
Carer Practice Advisors (who work for SCC/NHS), whose role is also to ensure carers get all the support they need, will be attending many of the Hubs too, as well as guests/speakers from other charities and organisations.
Open to all
The Hubs are open to all family/friend unpaid carers, and are free simply to drop in, though organised events and meetings will also be held at these locations.
When are the Hubs open?
We have weekly Hubs, open one day every week. We also have ‘satellite’ Hubs, opening two days each month.
The Hubs are taking place in towns right across Surrey, so you should be able to find one near you.
Where are the weekly Hubs?
- CAMBERLEY: High Cross Church, Knoll Road, Camberley GU15 3SY – every Tuesday, 10am-2.30pm
(Parking: Multi storey car park behind the venue. Take ticket on arrival and pay when you leave. Ticket machines between venue and car park.)
- GUILDFORD: The Hive, Park Barn Drive, Guildford GU2 8EN – every Monday, 10am-2.30pm
(Parking: free parking at The Hive)
- HORLEY: Horley Baptist Church, 289 Ct Lodge Rd, Horley RH6 8RG – every Wednesday, 10am-2.30pm
(Parking: Free parking at Horley Baptist Church)
- LEATHERHEAD: Leatherhead Community Hub, Kingston Road, Leatherhead KT22 7PX – every Friday, 10am-2.30pm.
This Hub can be tricky to locate. It’s situated on the Kingston Road and is also accessible via the rear of the building (where you’ll find parking). So if driving, turn down Aperdele Road, take the first right and follow the lane all the way around the recreation ground.
- WOKING: The Vyne Centre, Knaphill, Woking GU21 2SP – every Monday, 10am-2.30pm
(Parking: Free parking at the Vyne, and if full there is a car park over the road)
Where are the satellite Hubs?
To complement the weekly Hubs (listed above), we have ‘satellite’ Hubs, operating twice a month.
Locations and frequency as follows:
- ADDLESTONE: Addlestone Community Centre, Garfield Rd, Addlestone KT15 2NJ – second and fourth Wednesday of each month, 10am-2.30pm
(Parking: multi story car park next to the Community Centre, pay on exit, £1 per hour.)
- BANSTEAD: United Reformed Church, Woodmansterne Lane, Banstead SM7 3EX – second and fourth Tuesday of each month, 10am-2.30pm
(Parking: free car park at venue, you can also park on the grass, and on the road.)
- CATERHAM: Westway Community Café, 25 Chaldon Road, Caterham CR3 5PG – second and fourth Thursday of each month, 10am-2.30pm
(Parking: free parking at venue.)
- CRANLEIGH: The Bandroom, Village Way, Cranleigh GU6 8AF – first and third Monday of each month, 10am-2.30pm
(Parking: The Band Room is situated in Village Way at the far end of the car park by the Sports Centre. The Band Room is opposite the Sports Centre. Car parking is 80p for one hour, £1.60 for two hours.)
- EPSOM: St Barnabas Church, Temple Rd, Epsom KT19 8HA – first and third Tuesday of each month, 10am-2.30pm
(Parking: Some parking at rear of church. If full, there may be some on-road parking but otherwise there is free parking 10 minutes’ walk away on Pound Lane outside the vets.)
- FARNHAM: The Maltings, Bridge Square, Farnham GU9 7QR – first and third Friday of each month, 10am-2.30pm
NB In addition to the Hub, on the first Friday of the month, Farnham Maltings runs a coffee break with Action for Carers from 10am-12pm. More here.
(Parking: The Maltings Car Park – pay and display, card and cash payment at machine accepted.)
- HASLEMERE: Wesley Room, The Methodist Church, 5-7 Junction Place, Haslemere GU27 1LE – second and fourth Monday of each month, 10am-2.30pm
(Parking: Free Parking at the Methodist Church – at the back and down both sides.)
- HERSHAM: Centre for the Community, 7 Queens Road, Hersham, Walton-on-Thames KT12 5LU – second and fourth Thursday of each month, 10am-2.30pm
(Parking: Free parking at the Community Centre)
- SHEPPERTON: Greeno Centre, 14 Meadow View, Glebeland Gardens, Shepperton TW17 9DH – first and third Wednesday of each month, 10am-2.30pm
(Parking: Plenty of parking spaces available, all free of charge)
Hubs flyer with dates
We have a flyer that lists all the Hubs – locations, days and frequency:
Please feel free to drop-in if you’re a carer in Surrey. You will find a friendly welcome and support on all aspects of caring – practical, emotional, financial.
You can also raise particular concerns you have with the ACS staff, and get referrals to further sources of support.
Find out more
If you’d like to get in touch to find out more about the Hubs, please call 0303 040 1234, or email [email protected]