Our vision is to enable all of Surrey’s (unpaid) carers to have a voice, and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.
A carer is someone of any age who provides unpaid support to family or friends who could not cope without this help. This could be caring for a relative, partner or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or substance misuse problems.
Our mission is to:
- Give carers a voice
- Be a carer-led organisation
- Deliver innovative carers services to the highest standard
- Support carers to understand their rights and choices
- Work in collaboration with statutory and voluntary partners
We have values that we work to – CARERS. These are:
- Commitment – strive for excellence, continued improvement and best value
- Accessible – reach out to carers and embrace differences
- Respect – treat people with dignity and understanding
- Empathy – communicate sensitively with people and in a way which empowers them
- Recognition – value people’s strengths, knowledge, potential and support their rights
- Service – be of benefit to carers, our partners and each other