Our vision is to enable all of Surrey’s (unpaid) carers to have a voice, and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.
A carer is someone of any age who provides unpaid support to family or friends who could not cope without this help. This could be caring for a relative, partner or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or substance misuse problems.
Our mission is to:
- Give carers a voice
- Be a carer-led organisation
- Deliver innovative carers services to the highest standard
- Support carers to understand their rights and choices
- Work in collaboration with statutory and voluntary partners
We have values that we work to – CARERS. These are:
- Commitment – strive for excellence, continued improvement and best value
- Accessible – reach out to carers and embrace differences
- Respect – treat people with dignity and understanding
- Empathy – communicate sensitively with people and in a way which empowers them
- Recognition – value people’s strengths, knowledge, potential and support their rights
- Service – be of benefit to carers, our partners and each other
ISO 9001: Quality Management
We are accredited to ISO 9001: Quality Management. This is the ‘gold standard’ for an organisation’s quality management – meaning Action for Carers’ governance, operational management (including our processes, procedures and policies) are of the highest standards.
The audit took place August 2020, and the auditor commented that we went ‘above and beyond’ the certification requirements, rating the audit as 10 out of 10.