Action for Carers’ workshops
Action for Carers run two free courses for professionals to better understand how to identify, support and refer carers. They are open to any professional in Surrey who is involved directly or indirectly with any form of service, support or intervention to ensure good practice in working with clients and families
Because Carers Count
This day workshop offers:
- insight into carers’ lives, their need for equality of opportunity and support
- latest facts and figures about carers and the impact of caring
- first-hand accounts from carers about the difficulties they face and how they would like to be supported
- an understanding of how to establish effective relationships with carers and an appreciation of their viewpoint
- details of the services available for carers in Surrey
Sessions are facilitated by a professional trainer alongside two carers who act as joint facilitators and share their own experiences. Places are limited so it is advisable to book early.
Next course dates
Dates coming soon!
To book your FREE place, please call 01883 626264 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Think Carer, Think Family
This day workshop follows on from ‘Because Carers Count’ (or the e-learning ‘Carer Aware’ course). It gives attendees an understanding of how to support carers of all ages, by developing a whole family, personalised and strengths-based approach.
- The importance of taking a ‘whole family’ approach
- The impact of caring upon young carers and its effect on their life chances
- The legal rights of young carers and adult carers in relation to the Care Act and Children & Families Act
- The role of the NHS and other key stakeholders in supporting adult and young carers including relevant local policies and toolkits including social prescribing
- Best practice in developing personalised support for carers and families at all stages of their journey.
Next course dates
Wednesday 4th December, Guildford
To book your FREE place please, call 01883 626264 or email Training@actionforcarers.org.uk
Surrey County Council
Surrey County Council, working with Action for Carers, have two e-learning courses, aimed at raising awareness for anyone working with carers. Carers Aware and Young Carers Aware provide a first look at some of the issues carers face, with facts about their role and rights. If you are a social care professional working in Surrey you can access the course via your workplace intranet.
Other professionals can access them here.
Surrey Skills Academy
This is a ‘single point of information’ for access to a wide range of training and learning opportunities including courses, information and signposting to partner and other organisations. You can find more information at the Surrey Skills Academy website.
For those working with young people, our Surrey Young Carers team have a wealth of knowledge and experience and can deliver training to schools and other organisations on young carers’ issues.
Contact 01483 568269 or email us at email@example.com to find out more.
You can also find out more about the support we offer to schools here.
For colleges and universities
We work with colleges and universities to support students who are carers. Additionally, we present to key groups, including medical and nursing students, about the role of the carer at the University of Surrey. Please get in touch to find out more.