Free training for school staff: 2023-2024
Our expert staff run free training sessions, via Zoom, for anyone working in a Surrey school who’d like to know more about supporting young carers.
These are short sessions, run at times to suit schools, and cover:
- young carer identification,
- best practice in support, and
- the help and opportunities offered to young people via our Surrey Young Carers team.
How to attend
If you’d like to attend a session, please email the team at [email protected], stating which session you’d like to attend.
We’ll then send the Zoom link. Or you can call us on 01483 568 269.
Angel Award: If you are working towards our Angel Award, completion of this training by a staff group will meet standard no. 4 of the 8 requirements.
- Thursday 1st February 2024, 8am
- Thursday 1st February 2024, 3.45pm
- Thursday 8th February 2024, 8am
- Thursday 8th February 2024, 3.45pm
- We will shortly be adding more dates for 2024
School census changes
Identifying young carers has become even more important, as from 2023, they are now included in the school census return.
This should help give a better picture of the numbers both being identified – and failing to be identified – as well as help monitor the attendance and attainment of young carers.