Adult Social Care has recently updated and enhanced the “Staying Independent” pages on the Surrey County Council website in order to provide improved and accurate signposting information and support for local residents.
The main is an update to the Equipment and Technology information that can help you in your home area to include different ideas and suggestions on how smart technology and equipment can help to improve people’s independence at home, and provide practical assistance to help with daily living.
Sections now include:
- Equipment to help you move safely and securely around your home
- Equipment to help with daily household tasks
- Personal care, and help with washing, dressing and using the toilet
- Information about the Community Equipment Service
- Social contact and communication equipment
- Help with getting online and using smart technology
There is a vast range of products available from high street retailers that can make such a difference to people with basic everyday tasks and developments like voice-activated technology means you can do things without leaving your bed or chair.
The Council feel many carers (and other residents) will not be aware of these products or how good they are; genuinely life changing aids that will improve people’s wellbeing, safety and independence. You’ll also find links to videos which explain how some of the equipment works.