Fundraise for Action for Carers with a Sunday morning stroll round Holmwood Common. Join us at Rotawalk '21, Dorking Rotary's multi-charity sponsored walk for all the family.
Rotawalk ’21: Dorking Rotary’s multi-charity sponsored walk
Fancy a Sunday morning stroll round Holmwood Common? We’re delighted to be part of Rotawalk ’21, Dorking Rotary’s sponsored walk supporting local charities.
It’s a family-friendly walk through lovely woodlands.
You’ll be walking on land once owned by King Harold, and managed by the National Trust since 1955, through mixed woodland to discover sunny glades and numerous ponds: a haven for wildlife of over 650 acres.
- Start time: 10am, Sunday 12th September
- Start point and parking: Inholms Lane National Trust Car Park (Take the A24, turn into North Holmwood Village at the roundabout at the southern end of the Dorking bypass. Go through the village, past shops, turn left passing St John’s Church – this is the start of Inholms Lane. Drive past the church and bear right with the road. At the top of the hill (just before a sharp left-hand bend) turn RIGHT into the National Trust Car Park. There will be marshals on duty to organise parking and direct you to the Check-In point.)
- Route: Four miles around a flattish, cinder-based all-weather circuit, suitable for all ages, and easily negotiated with push-chairs and mobility scooters.
- Attractions: You will enjoy a ‘Virtual Tour’ around the borders of Surrey, with information boards on 12 well-known locations, with a quiz question at each one. Also, a Nature Quiz for the younger walkers.
- Refreshments en-route… to top up your water-bottle or enjoy a cup of tea and a slice of cake.
Email [email protected] to find out more – and to join in!
This event is organised by Rotary in Dorking to support local charities.
More about supporting Action for Carers and all the ways we fundraise here.