Take time for yourself and meet other people, while exercising in our new classes for carers with any condition or disability affecting your health, or any carers aged 65+. Designed to help you feel more energetic, healthier and able to do everyday tasks more easily.
Otago strength and balance exercise classes
Join our new strength and balance exercise classes with Active Surrey. A series of weekly sessions at St George’s Centre, Ashtead with follow-up phone calls.
Take time for yourself and meet other carers while exercising in our new classes for carers with a physical disability, condition or illness affecting your physical health, including if you’re recovering, or any carers aged 65+. Gentle standing and seated exercise will help you improve your physical skills and will help you feel more energetic, healthier and able to do everyday tasks more easily.
Face to face sessions run to 11th October (please note, there is no class on 30th August), then follow-up phone calls and finally back to St George’s Centre for two in-person sessions on 8th and 15th November.
- The classes are free and are limited to 10 carers per venue.
- In between classes, our instructors will phone you to find out how you’re getting on with the exercises
- Classes are entirely for carers and will be run by qualified Otago strength and balance instructors
- You can wear everyday clothes, no special sports gear is needed
- You should bring a water bottle
- If you’ve fallen before, you should ask a medical professional, such as your GP or physio, if they recommend that you do strength and balance exercises
- Classes will run according to the latest Covid-19 safety measures
How to join us for this event…
If you’d like to join us, simply fill in the ‘I am interested in this event’ form below and we’ll come back to you as soon as we can – spaces are limited though and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.