State of Caring survey 2023
Carers UK have launched their annual State of Caring Survey to help paint a comprehensive picture of what life is like for carers at the moment, the challenges they might face, and the impact caring has on finances, health, and wellbeing and employment.
The survey is the UK’s most comprehensive research into the lives and experience of carers. Last year over 13,000 carers shared their experiences.
These responses helped Carers UK to:
- Win landmark new rights for two million to take up to five days’ unpaid Carer’s Leave. But we want to take this further
- Inform the work of our newly created Carer Poverty Coalition and to seek widespread improvements to carers’ benefits
- Press for carers to be included in cost of living payments, showing how unpaid carers were struggling with finances
- Show the impact the backlog in the NHS was having on carers, argue for more help locally, and make sure carers are not forgotten in NHS and care reforms
- Respond to government consultations and brief politicians in every country of the UK on a range of issues affecting carers.
The survey is also very useful for providing information to share with decision makers in Surrey.
As the survey is very comprehensive, designed to really understand the carers’ experiences, it is quite a long survey and should take about 20-30 minutes to complete.
THANK YOU for taking the time to complete it.