Self-funders of care - where to find support and information

Adult carers, Parent carers, Young adult carers
Page media

Supporting residents who pay for their own care

A number of people in Surrey with care and support needs are ‘self-funders’, so pay for much of their own care, though they may also have an unpaid carer – husband, wife, parent, etc.

Surrey County Council has a duty to provide information and advice to people who are self-funding and have collated some new online information and tools to help offer consistent support to residents that are self-funding, such as:

  • Arranging your own care – containing information a wealth of information ranging from help with finding the right support to help with money matters, and information for carers, details about advocacy and useful resources.
  • Checklist for when considering a care home? to help when arranging and paying for their own care needs, so they know what to look for and what questions to ask. This will help them make the best decision on long-term care and support for either themselves or a loved one.
  • Paying for care, including links to the online financial assessment and Paying for Care publication.

If need further information or assistance, you can get in touch with us for information, or go direct to the Adult Social Care Information and Advice Service:

  • Telephone:0300 200 1005
  • SMS:07527 182 861 (for the deaf or hard of hearing)
  • Email:[email protected]
  • Availability:9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Not found