December 5th, 2013
PART TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Closing date: Wednesday 11th December
Interview date: Tuesday 17th December
WORKING HOURS: 14 hours worked/ 2 days a week (to cover 9am-5pm period, with 1 hour for lunch)
SALARY SCALE: NJC Scale Points 16-18 £17,410-£18,139 PRO RATA including IFLW
LOCATION: This post will be based in our Burpham office (but you may very occasionally be required to travel to meetings at other locations)
LINE MANAGED BY: Office Manager
JOB PURPOSE: As part of the Admin Team to provide secretarial support to the organisation as a whole, but primarily to provide support for our core and adult services.
Please do not send your CV, we can only accept applications on this form:
To be aware of the purpose and scope of Action for Carers (Surrey), and assist with all secretarial and office duties in keeping with the aims and objectives of the organisation
• In liaison with Office Manager to plan workload and ensure that administrative duties are correctly prioritised and deadlines are met.
• To provide admin support, in liaison with colleagues, for the core organisation and services, as required.
• To deal with telephone calls, post and generic emails and to handle enquiries from carers and professionals with courtesy and sensitivity. To signpost to relevant sources of help recording details as required in accordance with office procedures. This will apply to all services including Surrey Young Carers.
• As part of the admin team to undertake reception duties and greeting of visitors, engineers and delivery drivers, ensuring that relevant procedures are followed.
• To maintain databases and mailing list including inputting and retrieval of data and provision of reports, mailing labels and lists as required.
• To maintain the staff/trustees training database, to book courses as required and in line with procedures and to maintain up to date training information and booking forms.
• To assist with room bookings and loan equipment bookings and maintain records of these as required.
• In liaison with colleagues to assist with the preparation and research of documentation for forums and collating welcome/info packs. If required to assist admin at the venue on the day.
• Process incoming and outgoing invoices and assist with maintaining petty cash and bank records as required by the Finance Manager.
• To assist in updating the ACS inventories of equipment and fixtures.
• To ensure information and forms on the shared server are maintained and updated as required.
• Ensure the filing system for storage of all information is efficient and filing is carried out on a regular basis. To arrange for archiving and storage of documentation and equipment as required and in accordance with our policies and procedures.
• In liaison with Admin Team ensure diaries are regularly updated, including movement sheets for on- call/lone working monitoring and participate in the check in rota during office hours.
• To ensure stationary, photocopier and kitchen supplies are maintained efficiently.
• To assist with maintaining stocks of information leaflets and ensure these are regularly updated and new leaflets obtained.
• To assist with logging calls for computer support and ensuring these are dealt with in a timely manner and to ensure daily and monthly backs ups are kept.
• Utilise appropriate technology and systems to improve efficiency.
• Maintain accurate time sheets and allocations of hours worked.
• Maintain effective internal and external communication including e.mail, internet and circulation of mail.
• Ensure effective communication with Office Manager and Team Members.
The Admin Department work as a team to support the organisation as a whole and this requires a flexible approach, including:
• Assisting with general office duties where required within the organisation as a whole.
• Photocopying documentation as required.
• Providing admin cover for colleagues during holiday periods, sickness etc.
SUPERVISION AND TRAINING:
• To attend formal supervision with the Office Manager on a regular basis.
• To undertake relevant training, as identified by the Office Manager, to develop skills to ensure the job role can be carried out effectively.
• To be committed to and implement the Equal Opportunities Policy of the Service at all times
• To implement duties and tasks within a framework defined by Action for Carers (Surrey) policy on confidentiality.
ANY OTHER DUTIES:
• Occasional travel normally within Surrey to attend meetings as and when required (for which travel expenses will be reimbursed)
• To undertake any other administrative or clerical duties required that are commensurate with the grading of the post.
1. Previous administrative experience in the voluntary, public or commercial sectors - ESSENTIAL
2. Experience of working in a charitable or voluntary organisation - DESIRABLE
3. Experience of dealing with front line calls and handling a variety of enquiries and callers - DESIRABLE
3. Computer literacy, with proven experience of MS Office packages, in particular MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel and Internet - ESSENTIAL
4. Knowledge and Experience in the use of Databases/Microsoft Access and PowerPoint - DESIRABLE
5. Good telephone manner with effective written and verbal communication skills – ESSENTIAL
6. Effective organisational and time management skills including the planning and prioritising of workloads –ESSENTIAL
7. An ability to collate logistical data in a methodical manner and to evaluate this information - ESSENTIAL
8. An ability to demonstrate sensitivity in all circumstances and to be able to empathise and communicate well –ESSENTIAL
9. To have an understanding of what it is involved in working for a charitable organisation and a commitment to the support of carers and young carers - ESSENTIAL
10. An ability to be flexible as part of team working but also to be able to work on own without direct supervision- ESSENTIAL
11. Willingness to undertake training where appropriate - ESSENTIAL
12. Appropriate qualifications in typing / word-processing /computing/business administration or be able to demonstrate competence in computer skills - ESSENTIAL
13. A good standard of literacy and numeracy - GCSE English & Maths and be able to evidence use of these skills -ESSENTIAL
14. Driving licence and access to use of vehicle – DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL