NHS Guidelines for 2014-15 Flu Vaccinations just in.
August 5th, 2014
The NHS who just published its Annual Flu Vaccination Guidelines for 2014-15. You can download it here:
The summary of everyone recommended to have the free flu vaccine:
- Everyone aged 65 and over
- Everyone under 65 who has a medical condition (such as those listed on page 4 of the booklet) including children and babies over six months of age
- All pregnant women, at any stage of pregnancy
- All 2, 3 and 4 year old children
- All children in primary schools and years 7 and 8 in pilot areas around the country
- Everyone living in a residential or care home
- Everyone who cares for an older or disabled person
- Household contacts of anyone w2ho is immunocompromised
- All front line and social care workers.
As ever, it strongly recommends you don't wait for the colder weather to arrive, but to beat the rush and try and see your GP about it as soon as you can.