About the role
Salary for 18 hours is £15,410.50, FTE salary is £30,822
Generous holiday entitlement – 28 days PLUS bank holidays (pro rata for part-time staff)
Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of young carers? Do you want to work in a close-knit team alongside colleagues who really care about the work that they do? In this varied and rewarding role you will engage, motivate and advocate for young carers within Surrey.
Your working hours will be spent engaging with young carers within youth settings or schools or working from home, undertaking a planned program of one-to-one engagement and events.
Most of the work will be caried out during daytime hours, with some planned evening and weekend work. This is an 18 hour a week role, working over 3 days, one of which must be a Tuesday.
- Manage a caseload of children and young people, aged between 5 and 17, assess their individual needs and deliver outcome-based support.
- Identify time out and personal development opportunities for young carers.
- Support children and young people in group settings, by planning and delivering a range of fun and rewarding group activities.
- Keep accurate and timely data records of support provided.
- Have a proven employment history of working with children and young people.
- Have an understanding of Young Carers – their resilience and challenges.
- Be able to form good working relationships with young people, their families and professionals.
- Be able successfully manage a caseload of children and young people.
- Be IT literate, confident using a database and recording case notes and outcomes.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours.
The successful applicants will be DBS checked to an Enhanced level. You must have a current driving license and use of a road worthy vehicle and be willing and able to travel by car.
Action for Carers Surrey has a vision ‘to enable all unpaid carers to have a voice and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.’ You will be joining a committed, passionate charity determined to make a difference to carers of all ages across Surrey.
We offer our staff a friendly, supportive, flexible workplace and are committed to welcoming applicants from a wide range of backgrounds as well as supporting staff who have their own caring responsibilities.
We offer a generous holiday entitlement, starting at 28 days PLUS bank holidays, an employee assistance programme, pension and opportunities for development and training. Our staff benefit from meeting regularly as a team, having dedicated regular time with their line manager through our supervision system and a supportive and flexible working environment.
How to apply
Want to know more? Feel free to email [email protected] and we can arrange an informal chat about the role.
To apply, please complete the Action for Carers Application Form and return it to [email protected]
Please note, we may shortlist and interview candidates prior to the closing date, so please apply today!Download job description Download job application