About the Job
Our Sessional workers attend events, groups and activities creating a fun and supportive environment where young carers can relax, enjoy themselves and talk about their caring role. Working on a zero hours contract, you will be offered casual work at youth groups and activities across Surrey. Most of the work is scheduled for evenings, weekends or school holidays. Some of the work offered to you may be over zoom. You will be able to decide which work assignments you wish to accept and therefore this fun, flexible role will fit in around other commitments.
You must have:
- a flexible approach to work and a caring attitude
- experience working with children and young people (aged between 5 and 16)
- able to lead an activity or game
- able to communicate well with young people
- Working creatively and flexibly to support young people to get involved and have fun
- Motivating young people to achieve life opportunities
- Leading on groups and activities
What we offer:
- £10.75 per hour (+ holiday pay) and 45p per mile for mileage
- Flexibility to choose which events and groups you would like to support
- A thorough induction, training and supervision
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people
The successful candidate will be DBS checked to an enhanced level and complete safer recruitment checks appropriate to the role.
Action for Carers Surrey has a vision ‘to enable all unpaid carers to have a voice and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.’ We are a committed, passionate charity determined to make a difference to carers of all ages across Surrey. We have a dedicated Young Carers team who meet with children and young people who have caring responsibilities in group settings in a wide range of locations across Surrey.
Complete an Application Form and return it to [email protected]Download job description Download job application