About the role
2 posts available on a 12-month fixed term basis
£28,385 to £29,713 (dependent on experience)
Generous holiday entitlement – starting at 28 days PLUS bank holidays
Will consider applications from candidates looking for part-time/job share arrangements
The postholders will provide information, advice, signposting and advocacy to unpaid adult carers who are caring for a relative or friend with a mental illness. They will work closely alongside NHS colleagues from the HOMEFirst, which is a new service run by Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
At least one day each week will be liaising with HOMEFirst staff. The reminder of the week will be hybrid, with some work based at home and some work in community settings in Surrey, including NHS/statutory services settings, community buildings and carers’ homes.
This is an exciting, new initiative between Action for Carers and HOMEFirst and this will be your opportunity to shape this new way of working, pioneering the partnership and making a real difference to carers within Surrey.
One post is a full-time post working 36 hours per week. The other role is part-time, working 18 hours per week over 3 days.
The successful postholders will support carers who are caring for a person with mental illness by:
- providing information and/or advice, guidance, signposting and advocacy to carers around Care Act rights, learning & work, wellbeing and benefits.
- support carers in a location suitable to the carer, this may include carers own homes, our carer hubs, other community and public settings, and via other means such as telephone, virtually etc.
- Proving a carer support plan within a designated 12 week timescale.
- making appropriate referrals to services for carers especially Space 2 B You.
In addition to this, the post holder will:
- manage a caseload of carers and maintain accurate, appropriate, confidential and up to date case notes and support plan.
- maintain up to date awareness of provision of external services within the area in order to provide signposting and advocacy services for carers, and to contribute to internal & external information points.
- enable carers who are looking after a person with mental health problems, to meet other carers.
- facilitate and support initiatives for carers including carers networks and support groups, and encourage and monitor peer support where appropriate.
- deliver and partner in training events and promote carers’ self-help e-learning and digital opportunities.
- work in conjunction with partner agencies, particularly the HOMEFirst Alliance, statutory services and volunteers in order to deliver high quality community engagement activities and workshops for carers.
- have confidence facilitating groups both face-to-face and over video conferencing software.
You must have a current driving licence and use of a road worthy vehicle (milage is paid at 45p per mile).
The successful candidate will:
• have experience of working with and advocating for adults and families
• have knowledge of legislation relevant to carers and disabled people.
• have professional working knowledge of mental illness as well as local and statutory services.
• be a confident communicator and be able to facilitate training and information sessions to groups.
• have professional experience recording client outcomes on a database system.
• have a flexible approach to your work, be confident working independently and travelling to and working in a variety of settings.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Action for Carers Surrey has a vision ‘to enable all unpaid carers to have a voice and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.’ We are a committed, passionate charity determined to make a difference to young and adult carers across Surrey.
We offer our staff a friendly, supportive, flexible workplace and are committed to welcoming applicants from a wide range of backgrounds as well as supporting staff who have their own caring responsibilities. We offer a generous holiday entitlement, starting at 28 days plus bank holidays, an employee assistance programme, pension and opportunities for development and training.
We may interview prior to the closing date so don’t delay – apply today!Download job description Download job application