About the Role
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within the Surrey Young Carers team. We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual who will support and provide respite opportunities for young carers, on-line and in group settings.
In this varied and rewarding role you will engage, motivate and support young carers and in doing so you will make a real difference to young carers within Surrey.
You will be based at our offices on the outskirts of Guildford for approximately once a month, with access to weekly desk space. Your remaining working hours will be spent engaging with young carers within youth settings or working from home, undertaking a planned program of events.
You will work across Surrey, however, we anticipate that a proportion of your time will be spent in the Mid and East Surrey.
- To provide regular youth club style drop-in sessions for young carers aged 5-15 years old.
- To facilitate a program of on-line activities (i.e. via zoom) to young carers.
- To update the database and SYC webpages– for example to update young carers records and update details of planned youth clubs.
- To provide signposting and advocacy to Young Carers and their families.
- To facilitate bespoke sessions for 16-17 year olds.
- To facilitate regular forum meetings for young carers to have their voice heard on matters that affect their lives.
- Be confident in encouraging children, young people and their parents/carers to engage with our activities.
- Have experience of working with children, young people and families. e.g. in youth services /voluntary sector / social work settings.
- Have awareness of issues surrounding Young Carers.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours, as regular planned weekend and evening work is required.
- Have an ability to form good working relationships with young people and their families.
- Have a driving license and use of own vehicle. Mileage expenses are paid.
The successful applicants will be DBS checked to an Enhanced level.
Action for Carers (Surrey) has a vision ‘to enable all unpaid carers to have a voice and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.’ We are a committed, passionate charity determined to make a difference to young and adult carers across Surrey.
We offer our staff a friendly, supportive, flexible workplace and are committed to welcoming applicants from a wide range of backgrounds as well as supporting staff who have their own caring responsibilities. We offer a generous holiday entitlement, starting at 28 days plus bank holidays, an employee assistance programme, pension and opportunities for development and training.
Complete an Application Form and return it to [email protected]
Download job description Download job application