Action for Carers Surrey
Enabling carers to have a voice and realise a life outside caring

Parent Carer break grants

These are payments made to support parents who have a disabled child under 18 living in Surrey  who are not currently receiving services from Surrey County Council children’s services/ don’t have a social worker. Parents cannot apply directly themselves but anyone working with a family can apply on your behalf - such as the local carers support workers or one of our ACS team, teachers and Home School Link workers, nurses and health visitors, Children’s Centre managers, Early Years Support co-odinators etc - having completed either a Child Assessment Framework form or Carers Support assessment with you.

Carer Break Grants can be used to fund a family holiday, a short break for parents, a training course for a parent, childcare to give a parent a break, a contribution towards your child accessing play or activities, days out, equipment to help you as a parent carer and much more. Once the application has been submitted, you will be contacted to discuss your needs, with a payment following shortly afterwards.

For more details, speak to any of the professionals working with you or your child, or phone the Short Breaks team on 01372 833638

Family Voice Surrey is a forum giving parents of children with special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities a voice on issues relating to short breaks and other services in Surrey. Find Family Voice Surrey at call 01372 832896 or email