In Surrey we have a GP Carer’s Breaks Scheme which allows GPs to prescribe carers a break worth up to £300, based on a clinical assessment of your health.
The money can be used to purchase alternative care to allow you to have a break or to pay for goods or services that will help you to relax and improve your health and well-being. If your GP agrees that you would benefit from a break, they will apply for the grant on your behalf and soon after you will be contacted by Surrey Independent Living Council, who administer the grant, to discuss your needs.
In order to qualify for a GP Carer's Break carers must be registered as a carer at practice affiliated to one of the following Surrey Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs):
• NHS North West Surrey Clinical Commissioning Group
• NHS Guildford and Waverley Clinical Commissioning Group
• NHS Surrey Downs Clinical Commissioning Group
• NHS East Surrey Clinical Commissioning Group
• NHS Surrey Heath Clinical Commissioning Group
or one of the 5 practices based in Farnham affilated to NHS North East Hampshire and Farnham Clinical Commissioning Group:
• Farnham Dene Medical Practice
• Downing Street Practice
• The Ferns Medical Centre
• Holly Tree Practice
• The Wey Medical Practice
Find out more about GP Carers Breaks from your surgery.