Action for Carers Surrey
Enabling carers to have a voice and realise a life outside caring

Career breaks

Black_woman_and_son.jpgYou may be able to use annual leave or unpaid leave to cover periods of intensive caring. If you are thinking of giving up work, it is worth asking whether your employer offers a career break scheme which would allow you to keep your job open for an agreed period of time to allow you some breathing space.