Take time for yourself and meet others while exercising in our new classes for carers (especially those aged 65+). These exercises should help you feel more energetic, healthier and able to do everyday tasks more easily.
Otago strength and balance exercise classes
Join our new strength and balance exercise classes with Active Surrey. A series of weekly sessions at Addlestone Community Centre with follow-up phone calls, and then two final in-person sessions back at the Community Centre.
Take time for yourself and meet other carers while exercising in our new classes for carers 65+ (or carers under 65 with a physical disability, condition or illness which affects your physical health) to help you improve your physical skills with gentle standing and seated exercise. Classes will help you feel more energetic, healthier and able to do everyday tasks more easily.
Face to face sessions run from Thursday 22nd July to Thursday 23rd September, then follow-up phone calls and finally back to the Community Centre for two in-person sessions on 19th and 26th October.
- The classes are free and are limited to 10 carers per venue.
- In between classes, our instructors will phone you to find out how you’re getting on with the exercises
- Classes are entirely for carers and will be run by qualified Otago strength and balance instructors
- You can wear everyday clothes, no special sports gear is needed
- You should bring a water bottle
- If you’ve fallen before, you should ask a medical professional, such as your GP or physio, if they recommend that you do strength and balance exercises
- Classes will run according to the latest Covid-19 safety measures
How to join us for this event…
If you’d like to join us, simply fill in the ‘I am interested in this event’ form below and we’ll come back to you as soon as we can – spaces are limited though and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.