What does it mean to be a carer? Understanding Mental Health and Mental Illness.
This is part of a 5 day course that will be spread over the whole year for adult carers who support someone over 18 years old with a mental health problem. Carers can choose to attend all 5 sessions or attend the sessions of interest to them. The course will cover:
- What does it mean to be a carer? Understanding mental health and mental illness.
- What does mental illness feel like? The impact of mental illness
- The Carers Journey. Looking after yourself
- The law, carer’s rights and the mental health system
- Crisis and Contingency planning. Dealing with challenges