Action for Carers
Given the Government’s latest advice, and that many carers look after someone whose health is vulnerable, we have decided to temporarily stop our workshops, events and groups, as well as our home visits.
This decision was made on 17th March, and applies for the foreseeable future. This means that many of the events listed in our newsletters and website will sadly not be taking place. We will assess the situation on a regular basis and keep you updated.
We know this is a difficult time and are sorry we can’t offer our usual activities, but we will continue to offer support in the following ways:
- One-to-one phone support instead of home visits.
- An extended Carer Information Centre, with more staff able to take your questions by phone and email.
- Increased information via our website, and social media
- The Moving and Handling team will be giving advice by phone, so if you have made an appointment with them, that will be done by phone rather than face-to-face.
- Our Hospital Carer Support Advisors are now working from home, communicating by phone and email, but continue to support carers who have a loved one in hospital.
We know that this is a challenging time, but will do our best to support you. Many of you will be extremely worried, so please do call on us for support and advice. The Carer Information Centre (CIC) is here for you. You can email CarerSupport@actionforcarers.org.uk or call us on 0303 040 1234. You can also text on 07714 075993. The Service is open 9am-5pm on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays, and 9am-6pm Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Your call may not be answered in person straight away, as we anticipate high call numbers, but please be assured someone will call you back as soon as possible.