Our support during the COVID-19 outbreak
Following the Government’s advice, and that fact that many carers look after someone whose health is vulnerable, our home visits service, and face-to-face workshops, events and groups remain on hold.
This decision remains in place until restrictions are lifted.
We are sorry we can’t offer face-to-face activities, but we are providing a whole range of support to help, inform, support and advise Surrey’s carers. These include:
- Video meet ups and virtual events.
- One-to-one phone support instead of home visits.
- An extended Carer Information Centre, with more staff able to take your questions by phone and email.
- Increased information via our website, and social media – 20+ COVID-19 pages and rising, as well as additional emails, newsletters and packs
- The Moving and Handling team are giving appointments by phone
- Our Hospital Carer Support Advisors continue to support carers who have a loved one in hospital, communicating by phone and email.
- Individual personal contact (by phone or email) with all our registered young carers and young adult carers
Our video meet ups and virtual events
We know it’s important for carers to stay connected and we believe this is a safe way to do this. We use Zoom for the meetings which is pretty straightforward to use but we’ve put together a helpful ‘how to’ guide below.
Get in touch with us – we are still here to help you
We know that this is a challenging time, but will do our best to support you. Many of you will be extremely worried, so please do call on us for support and advice. The Carer Information Centre (CIC) is here for you. You can email CarerSupport@actionforcarers.org.uk or call us on 0303 040 1234. You can also text on 07714 075993. The Service is open 9am-5pm on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays, and 9am-6pm Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Your call may not be answered in person straight away, as we anticipate high call numbers, but please be assured someone will call you back as soon as possible.