Carers Week 2022 takes place from Monday 6th June until Sunday 12th June.
The Week is a national event to recognise and celebrate the UK’s six million plus unpaid family and friend carers.
The theme this year is ‘Make Caring Visible, Valued and Supported’.
You can find out more about the day nationally here.
We’re delighted to have our new Hubs for carers running across Surrey. They’re places for any carer to drop in to for advice and support.
This Carers Week, we’ll be holding events at these Hubs, inviting Surrey’s carers to come and join us for free tea/cake, and activities to celebrate the Week.
Free cake and goody bags!
Please join us in celebrating Carers Week, by dropping in to one of our new Hubs and enjoying some tea and cake with us. We also have FREE ‘Just for you’ goodie bags to give away to carers!
We will be joined by some other community organisations, also offering information and support.
See details of all the Hubs open in Carer Week and what’s happening at each, below.
Carers Week: when, where and what’s on!
The Hubs are open from 10am-2.30pm on the days shown below, with coffee/tea and cake on offer throughout that time.
MONDAY 6th June
- CRANLEIGH HUB: The Bandroom, Village Way, Cranleigh GU6 8AF
- GUILDFORD HUB: The Hive, Park Barn Drive, Guildford GU2 8EN. You’ll be able to meet the Hospital Carer Support Advisors from the Royal Surrey (RSCH).
- KNAPHILL HUB: The Vyne Centre, Knaphill GU21 2SP. Additional information stands.
TUESDAY 7th June
- CAMBERLEY HUB: High Cross Church, Knoll Road, Camberley GU15 3SY. Healthwatch Surrey are visiting for a consultation with carers to hear YOUR views on services for carers in Surrey.
- EPSOM HUB: St Barnabas Church, Temple Road, Epsom KT19 8HA
- ON LINE SUPPORT GROUP: we also have an online support group happening on Tuesday, 10-11.30. This is for all carers to chat and catch up and celebrate the Week. If you register for this event by 1 June, we’ll send you free coffee and a biscuit to share with us virtually!
WEDNESDAY 8th June
- ADDLESTONE HUB: Addlestone Community Centre, Garfield Rd, Addlestone KT15 2NJ
- HORLEY HUB: Horley Baptist Church, 289 Ct Lodge Road, Horley RH6 8RG. We have a Carers Week quiz taking place quiz 10.30-11.30am!
- Again in Camberley, there’s a ‘Surrey Heath and Farnham Carers Tea party‘. Carers are invited to come and celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee, 2-4pm at High Cross Church, Knoll Road, Camberley GU15 3SY. ACS staff will also be there. Tickets are limited and you need to register here.
THURSDAY 9th June
- CATERHAM HUB: Westway Community Café, 25 Chaldon Road, Caterham CR3 5PG
- HERSHAM HUB: Centre for the Community, 7 Queens Road, Hersham, Walton-on-Thames KT12 5LU. There’ll be a big coffee morning alongside our Hub with loads of information from other organisations.
FRIDAY 10th June
- LEATHERHEAD HUB: Leatherhead Community Hub, Kingston Road, Leatherhead KT22 7PX
- ON LINE PARENT CARERS SUPPORT GROUP: we also have an online support group happening on Friday, 10.30-12 noon. This is for parent carers carers to chat and catch up and celebrate the Week. If you register for this event by 1 June, we’ll send you free coffee and a biscuit to share with us virtually!
SATURDAY 11th June
- Drop-in Carers’ Fayre at the Hive, Park Barn, Guildford from 10am-2pm. Lots of stalls offering advice and information for carers.
- Mindfulness Workshop at Polesden Lacy, Led by Claire and Diane Saturday 11 June, 10-12 noon. Join us for a restful and relaxing workshop in the beautiful setting of the National Trust property of Polesden Lacy. Enjoy a free ‘behind-the-scenes’ guided tour the gardens after the workshop for free. You need to book for this event. Few spaces still available.
Look out for our stalls in Surrey’s hospitals during Carers Week, for you to find out about support for carers with a loved one in hospital. Plus we have a special online Zoom, for you to find out how we can support you when you’re caring for someone who’s attending hospital.
- Online Hospital Event, Monday 6th June, 7-8.30pm ‘How the Hospital Carer Support Advisors can help you.’
- St Peter’s, Wednesday 8th June
- Epsom, stall up all week (with leaflets, booklets etc) and ACS staff there Monday 6th and Friday 10th June
- East Surrey, stall up all week
- St Catherine’s Hospice, Malthouse Road, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 6BH is holding a carer session on Tues 7th June, 2-4pm. ACS staff will be present and you can find out more about support for you as a carer.
- For carers who live in Woking Borough
Woking Borough Council have the following free offers for residents.
Monday 6th-Friday 10th June: Free soft play session
Free soft play entrance for a family (one household) of up to 2 adults, 2 children at Woking Leisure Centre. Households can claim this offer on a day between the 6th and 10th (inclusive). Playstore adventure playframe (freedom-leisure.co.uk) Suitable for children up to 12 years. Please check website / phone for opening times. Please quote CarersWeek22 at the leisure centre reception to claim the free offer. Booking not required.
Monday 6th-Friday 10th June: Free swimming session
Free swimming for a family (one household) of up to 2 adults, 2 children at Woking Leisure centre (Woking leisure centre Kingfield Road, Woking GU22 9BA) or Eastwood Leisure centre (Eastwood leisure centre Albert Drive, Woking GU21 5RF). Households can claim this offer on 1 day between Monday 6th June – Friday 10th June (inclusive). Pool hoist available at both pools for disabled assistance getting into the swimming pool. Please call or check the website for opening hours ( Woking Leisure Centre – Surrey – Freedom Leisure (freedom-leisure.co.uk) & https://www.freedom-leisure.co.uk/centres/eastwood-leisure-centre/ Booking not required. Please quote CarersWeek22 to claim the free offer at the swimming pool reception.
Tuesday 7th-Saturday 11th June: Free Community Meal
Free Community Meals delivered to your door for up to 3 members of the same household. The lunch time meal consists of a hot main course or choice of freshly made salad and choice of dessert. If claiming the lunchtime meal, you can also get a teatime meal delivered at the same time which includes a sandwich and a piece of cake, fresh fruit or yoghurt. Daily deliveries are made between 11.30pm and 2pm depending on area. Menu and delivery time will be provided when making the booking. All dietary requirements can be catered for. Households can claim this offer for 1 day between Tuesday 7th June – Saturday 11th (inclusive). To book please, contact Community Meals via Phone: 01483 770 777 or Email: [email protected] including your name address dietary requirements allergies and phone number. Bookings must be made by Wednesday 1st June. Community meals | Woking Borough Council
Please note the above three Woking Borough Council Carers Week offers have a maximum capacity and are booked on a first come first serve basis so please book early to avoid disappointment.