July 3rd, 2018
Do you have a great sense of humour? Could you motivate young people to achieve life goals?
If yes, then read on...
We have an ongoing need for sessional workers. Sessional workers form an integral part of our work with Young Carers. They create a fun and supportive environment where young carers can relax, enjoy themselves and talk about their caring role.
What we're looking for:
- a felxible approach and a caring attitude
- the ability and experience to work with children and young people
- someone who works well as part of a team
- someone able to communicate well with people of all ages and backgrounds
What you'll be doing:
Running and supporting groups and activities across Surrey in the holidays, evenings and weekends. These can include themed events, support groups and fun outings.
We'll need you to:
- Work creatively and flexibly to support young people to get involved and have fun!
- Engage, motivate, challenge and support young people to achieve life opportunities.
- Support or lead on Surrey Young Carer groups and activities.
What we offer:
- A rewarding experience, having a positive impact on the lives of young people
- Training and support with you role
- £10.75 per hour (+ holiday pay) and 45p per mile for mileage
Given the nature of the role and the likelihood of travel within Surrey, access to your own vehicle is recommended.
If you'd like to apply please complete our application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org